Nar-Anon Family Groups New York Region Virtual Meetings
**Disclaimer: Image does not depict actual Nar-Anon members**
** COVID-19 NOTICE ** Due to COVID-19 most in-person meetings are suspended until further notice. Please find virtual meeting ID's and passwords below. If the meeting you are looking for is not listed below, please use the form on the Contact Us page and provide the meeting you are interested in attending and we will respond within 24 hours. New York Region
1. Put your phone on silent so it doesn’t cause any disruptions
2. Mute your mic unless we are all reading out loud together or if you are speaking. If you do not mute yourself every sound in your home gets picked up and this could cause a distraction. Depending on what viewing mode you are using, the main screen focuses on the person speaking. If you are not muted and noise is coming from your end, the screen will show you as opposed to the person sharing.
3. As with a regular meeting there is one chairperson who will open it up. Depending on the size of the meeting there may be a timekeeper to make sure everyone gets a fair opportunity to share.
4. If you have your video on you may raise your hand to signal you would like to share. You can also message the chairperson directly on Zoom (Zoom has a chat feature). If you are using audio only, you can just introduce yourself and share when it is silent.
5. Regarding the format, it will be very similar if not exact to the regular in-person meeting. Since hosting meetings online is still a new thing for us, we can work together to discuss what format we can use moving forward.
6. Not a rule, but just a helpful tip. If you are using Zoom on a computer, when muted, you can hold down the spacebar down and it will temporarily unmute you as long as it’s being held.